Common Applications of Cryogenic Freezers
Cryogenic freezers have a wide range of applications in various fields, such as scientific research, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical industries. Here are some of the typical applications:
- Biobanking: Cryogenic freezers are used for the long-term storage of biological samples such as blood, tissues, and cells for future use in research and medical purposes.
- Drug Discovery: Cryo freezers store chemical compounds and compounds libraries for drug discovery, which can be retrieved and tested for their therapeutic potential.
- Vaccine Storage: Minus 150 freezers store certain vaccines at ultra-low temperatures to maintain their potency and efficacy.
- Stem Cell Research: Cryogenic freezers store and preserve stem cells for future use in regenerative medicine.
- IVF and Fertility: Cryogenic freezers are used for storing human embryos and sperm samples in IVF clinics and fertility centres.
- Microbiology: Cryo-freezers are used for long-term storage of microbial cultures, bacterial and viral strains, and other microbiological samples.
- Genetics: Minus 150 degree Celsius freezers store DNA and RNA samples for genotyping, sequencing, and other genetic studies.
- Forensics: To store biological evidence, such as blood and tissue samples within forensic labs.
Cryogenic freezers are used to store biological samples and materials at ultra-low temperatures for long-term storage, providing a secure and reliable preservation solution for various applications.