A concealment trolley is a specialised trolley used to transport and store bodies in hospitals and morgues. They allow you to conceal the body from view, providing dignity and respect for the deceased and their loved ones.
Concealment trolleys are typically made of stainless steel and feature a variety of features to make them easy to use and maintain. These features may include:
• A removable body tray
• Rollers that allow easy removal of a body tray
• Rails that allow you to drape a sheet or cover over them
• Wheels for easy transport
• A lifting mechanism
Concealment trolleys are essential equipment for hospitals and morgues and can help create a more respectful and compassionate environment for the deceased and their loved ones.
Benefits of Using a Concealment Trolley
There are numerous benefits to using a concealment trolley in a hospital or mortuary setting, including:
• Privacy and dignity for the deceased: Concealment trolleys help to conceal the body from view, providing privacy and dignity for the deceased and their loved ones.
• Infection control: Concealment trolleys can help reduce the risk of infection by preventing the spread of bodily fluids.
• Ease of transport: Concealment trolleys are equipped with castors to move around a hospital or morgue easily.
• Durability and sanitation: Concealment trolleys are typically made of stainless steel, making them durable and easy to clean and sanitise.
Concealment trolleys may be in a variety of settings, including:
• Funeral homes
• Disaster zones
Features to Consider When Choosing a Concealment Trolley
When choosing a concealment trolley, there are a few essential features to consider, including:
• Fridge and rack compatibility: You must ensure that concealment is compatible with your mortuary fridges or cool room mortuary racking system.
• Size: The trolley size should be appropriate for the space that you use it in.
• Weight capacity: The trolley should have a sufficient weight capacity for the body sizes. Heavy bodies require a bariatric concealment trolley.